Birchbox Review- January 2017
This months edit comes to you from Birchbox in such a bright happy shade of Yellow and promises to sprinkle a bit of happiness into your life with their Sprinkle Happiness edit. All subscribers receive not one but TWO full size products in their box this month, one of which will be a makeup item.
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service. Each month, when you subscribe, you will receive 5 wonderful beauty items from well-known and upcoming brands. Occasionally you may even see a lifestyle item too! The company offer a choice of subscriptions. A rolling monthly subscription of £10 a month plus £2.95 P&P, 6 month subscription for £60 plus P&P plus free shipping on your first box or a 12 month subscription for £100 plus £2.95 P&P which means you get 2 boxes free. Also receive a free FULL-SIZE Ciaté London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner (worth 15) when you join Birchbox today! Simply use the code CATEYE on checkout or choose £5 off your first box simply click here .
This month saw, i think, has been their widest range of products in a single month to date. From makeup to haircare, this month they really have got you covered. There was three new companies i have not used or heard of before and there is two items that i received that i had. I love the mix up and variety.
My box contained;
– Lord and Berry Conceal-it Crayon (full size) – I really like this product. It is reasonably pigmented meaning when it applies it applies reasonably thickly. This covers spots and blemishes really well and as it is a crayon its going to last a lot longer than a liquid.
– NUXE Multi-usage Dry oil shimmer- I’m not normally a fan of dry oil, i can never really understand why you would use it. Until now. Nuxe have added glitter… and let’s be honest… everything is better with glitter. This shimmery product can be used anywhere, skin..hair… you name it and i love it!
– Merci Handy Hand Cream (full size)- I was a little unsure of this product and still am. It is nourishing and does make your hands really sort for quite a few hours, but it smells of bubblegum and i’m not to sure if that’s a good thing or not. It is also quite a potent smell. If you like bubblegum smelling things this is for you but i’m not sure it works to well for me.
– Kebelo Clarifying Shampoo- This product is a must try for everyone. I normally wash my hair every other day, but after using this it feels so much cleaner for longer, i feel like i can let my hair go 3 days now before it starts to limp and greasy. My hair feels fuller, healthier, cleaner, weightless… the list goes on.
– Prismolgie Yellow Day Shower Gel- This shower gel has got a really different smell to it but i really think it works. It is a foamy formula which i think means less wasteage. It is a zesty blend of botanical oils and citrine micro-crystals, it stimulates cell renewal and also softens the skin.
I loved this edit, what a way to start they year. I loved the variation of products along with the fantastic product quality. I really think this edit was beautifully curated and thought through well. It is everything you need in a box to be a little bit happier in January. January blues do exist, they are a real thing, and this is the perfect box to get you through.
From February you will be able to choose an element of your box. This will be either a product or the design of the box. Keep an eye out in your emails for further details.