Glossybox Review – February 2017
Glossybox occasionally theme their boxes, last month saw the collaboration with Deliciously Stella which went down a storm. February, of course, was always going to have a ‘Love’ theme. February 14th brings mixed feelings for a lot of us. Some spend the day snuggled next to loved ones and some spend in snuggled next to a slab of chocolate and Bridget Jones. Either way, Glossybox vowed to help us through this month and they have done just that. A box filled with pamper items! Whether that be pamper prep for that meal with your gorgeous man or general bath time pamper for a bit of ‘you’ time- this month… you are covered!
This month’s line up sees a total value of £62.25 which consists of mainly full size products! They really do treat us!
Glossybox is a beauty subscription service. Each month, Glossybox deliver a wide and varied selection of 5 beauty treats that include niche, high-end and emerging brands. I love this because you can get some good old faithful products yet try some things you would never normally buy. The latest trends are taken into account with every single box to bring you reusable and stylish boxes full of beauty essentials. There are 4 different ways to subscribe to Glossybox starting from as low as £9.50! Choose between a monthly rollover box (cancel any time), a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month pre paid subscription.
– Jeanne Arthes L’Eau de Rose Perfume- Normally I am not a fan of any kind of rose perfume, however, this was a very delicate fragrance. This full size fragrance is not only a generous size but is light and certainly refreshing but also not overpowering at all. This is a great choice from Glossybox and it works extremely well with the theme too.
– La theorie Des Volcans Noir Eternae Youth Potion Face Scrub- This vegan and cruelty free face scrub and mask is floral scented and very gentle. This scrub is enriched with anti-ageing ingredients (big thumbs up) and also plump’s and soothes the skin. I found the texture oddly thin but you do not need to use much meaning the whole 30ml bottle is definitely going to last a while. The pink mash gradually turns grey as it draws out impurities so you can really watch it works its magic.
– Garnier Ultimate Blends Honey Treasures Strength Restorer Balm- This was the only sample size item in the box this month, however, I am ok with this as I have had this one before. I first saw this product in January’s My Little Box. Leave on the hair for a few minutes then wash out. This left my hair super soft and nourished.
– Ciate London Paint Pot in Fade to Greige- I wasn’t a huge fan of the shade of this varnish as it doesn’t really go well with my skin tone. Having said that though the polish itself is really long wearing and is quite hard to chip. The shade is purply grey which is great as it doesn’t dull out pale skin tones like so many grey tones do. Maybe the shade will wear on me (no pun intended).
– Mememe Beat the Blues in Oyster Gold- This is an iridescent skin illuminator. I love the word iridescent it’s so intriguing. But it basically means at different angles something may look different colour. You can dot this product along brow or cheek bone or even mix it in with a foundation. I found a thin fan brush works really well for this.
Overall did I like this box?… Yes, yes I did! I am a sucker for a theme box when it is done correctly and Glossybox do it so well every time. I loved the variety of products this month, skin, hair, nails, makeup and perfume! The box really contained one of everything. Not only that but 4 full size products has boosted the value of the box well up there in the top valued boxes. This February I am certainly feeling the love.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to treat yourself to an impossibly pretty collector’s edition GLOSSYBOX. Click here and receive a free Emité Make Up Lip & Cheek Tint use code FEBGIFT on checkout.