Birchbox Review | March 2017
Birchbox nearly always seem to pull it out of the hat and this month doesn’t disappoint. There were a few different products that could have been received in this months box but i think i actually got the best of all of them. Themed, Signed Sealed delivered, this is a box that really does deliver. Although the box itself is quite plain I think it works really well with the blue outta packaging.
So Birchbox is a monthly subscription service. Each month, when you subscribe, you will receive 5 wonderful beauty items from well-known and upcoming brands. Occasionally you may even see a lifestyle item too! The company offer a choice of subscriptions. A rolling monthly subscription of £10 a month plus £2.95 P&P, 6 month subscription for £60 plus P&P plus free shipping on your first box or a 12 month subscription for £100 plus £2.95 P&P which means you get 2 boxes free. Also receive a free Full Size Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer in Kundalini Hustle (worth £21!)when you join Birchbox today! OR Receive £5 off your first box using this link.
This month saw 5 goodies all of which were a pretty good size. It was nice to a full size Benefit product amongst the mix and also the gorgeous Rituals too. In some boxes people received 3 Bobbi Brown samples, however, I am totally in love with anything Rituals right now so for me this was perfect. It seems that Birchbox are really opening the door to a wider brand selection recently and the boxes appear to be getting better and better with each month.
For the first time in a while Birchbox are back to a box with a bag rather than a draw like box. I really like the draw box, but, it was great to have another box back in the crowd. If you read my February review you’ll know how much I loved Febs box, so this month was going to be tough to beat that, but i think it has. Remember if you save all your 2017 boxes you can be in with a chance to win their competition for 12 months free Birchbox subscription. See T&C here.
So like I said there was a good various or products your could receive this month but here is mine;
– Rituals The Rituals of Sakura Foaming Shower Gel- My love for Rituals right now is everything! If you saw my recent review you would understand. Their products are just divine. This particular bottle comes from the Rituals of Sakura collection. For centuries, the Japanese have celebrated the annual flowering of the Cherry Blossom, or Sakura. This marks an awakening of nature and symbolises that beauty is momentary and life must be enjoyed. So of course this product is scented with organic rice milk and cherry blossom, and smells so beautiful! All Rituals products leave my skin super soft and hydrated and this is no exception.
– Batiste 2 in 1 Invisible Dry Shampoo- As most of you know I am a huge Batiste lover but i haven’t tried this one before. I received the Vanilla and Passion flower, which is one of two scents you could have received. I really like the face that this particular range is invisible and leaves a nice shine on the hair, rather than leaving it dry and powdery. However, depending on my mood i do like a matte powdery finish sometimes- it all depends what i am doing with my hair. if you are going to use dry shampoo and then backcomb i suggest their original range that leaves a slight powder as it gives extra texture. But for an everyday just washed look this product works really well.
– Balance Me Instant Lift Primer- This is a moisturising primer that tightens skin and reduces pores. This appears very similar to the This Works In Transit Camera Close Up that came in Glossybox this month. It seems floral but not too overpowering and leaves my skin super soft. It seems to be a very good primer but I can’t really see any difference to my pores. Maybe this will happen over time. Overall though I did like this product as a primer.
– Marcelle Gentle Makeup Remover- Not only is this a makeup remover it also promises to reduce puffiness thanks to its blend of cucumber and green tea. I wasn’t a huge fan of this product i found it to smell chemical like and quite greasy unfortunately.
– Benefit Double The Lip- I’ve been hearing really good things about this product so i was quite excited to give it a review. This is definitely one for the Lipstick lovers out there. It provides a fuller effect through its bullet’s teardrop tip, that holds liner at the top and lipstick at the bottom. It is very well pigmented and gives a semi-matte finish which I love. It felt quite nice on the lips and not sticky at all which is a huge thing for me.
Overall, I really loved this box. Although I didn’t particularly enjoy on of the products I think it is still great to try because if you don’t try then you’ll never know. That product aside, I loved the box. The variation of product was fantastic and the value was one of the best!