Glossybox Review | April 2017
April has arrived and so has April’s Glossybox with the theme Girl on the Go. This beautiful box has clearly very carefully been put together to help all those busy women out there who want to make their routine just a little bit easier. It is all about shortening that time it takes to do your beauty routine everyday giving you more time to (I should probably say yoga or running but lets be honest here) stay in bed!
If you are new to Glossybox then here is a little info. As you have probably gathered Glossybox is a beauty subscription service. Each month, it delivers a wide and varied selection of 5 beauty treats that include niche, high-end and emerging brands. I love this because you can get some good old faithful products yet try some things you would never normally buy. The latest trends are taken into account with every single box to bring you reusable and stylish boxes full of beauty essentials. There are 4 different ways to subscribe to Glossybox starting from as low as £9.50! Choose between a monthly rollover box (cancel any time), a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month pre paid subscription.
Here is what my box included- some boxes may vary;
– Merci Handy Cleansing Gel in Back Vanilla- I have had the Cherry one of these before back in September 16 from Birchbox. I think this is a great little hand sanitiser that does leave you stinking like you’ve just walked out a hospital. Killing 99% of germs you can’t really go wrong.
– Model Co Contour Stick- My first impression of this product I’m going to be honest, was wow this smells of playdough! It really shocked me the smell and instantly put me off a little, still I persevered.
– Sport FX Buffer + Powder Duo brush-Upon opening this product I noticed how soft the brush was. This brush is actually made with synthetic talon bristles which are anti-bacterial! I love this concept as it means technically you don’t need to rinse your brushes as much although it recommends you still should.
– Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL- This mascara promises to give you a supercharged volume in jet black. I love that it contains beeswax which helps nourish your lashes making them stronger and less prone to fall out too. I thought looking at the quality of the brush it would be fantastic, I mean the product is ok but I wouldn’t say its XXL and gives a supercharged volume but it’s ok. A good back up mascara to have in the draw.
– Elgon Deliwash Cleaning Conditioner- I was a little skeptical about using this products as so many of us are when we get a new hair shampoo or conditioner. Will it weirdly bleach my hair or leave it caked in grease… who knows. We take the gamble anyhow. The product is a little different from the general conditioners etc. This is Co-washes. Cowashing is a combining the cleansing action of a shampoo with the hydration of a conditioner in one bottle. Note this bottle WILL NOT strip your hair! 0
The box really does contain a wide variety of products, from hair to makeup to health/skin, however, this box is the first ever Glossybox that really didn’t wow me. That aside, most of the products are reasonably good quality and not ones I haven’t tried before. I think Glossybox have set the bar so so high in the last few boxes it was always going to be hard to keep bettering themselves. I am hoping the next box will be back to wowing me. I wouldn’t say this box was awful and I will use most of the products I just think it could have been better.
If you are wishing to subscribe then head over to Glossybox.co.uk. Use code APRIL on checkout to get a FREE Rodial Smokey Eye Pen & The Balm Meet Matt(e) trimony Eyeshadow with this months box.
A cheeky sneak peak for next month – receive a Scrub love coffee scrub in every box!!