Birchbox UK | May 2017
I love May. The Peonies are finally here, the evenings are so much lighter and the days are slowly starting to get warmer. May’s Birchbox has hit the mat with a theme ‘All In The Detail’ in a beautiful Marble draw box. I am a sucker for marble and having seen so many hints about the amazing products your could receive in the box I was so very super excited. The marble box with pink draw compliment each other nicely, it is so nice having the draw box back rather than the lid box, I do much prefer it.
So, if you didn’t already know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription service. Each month, when you subscribe, you will receive 5 wonderful beauty items from well-known and upcoming brands. Occasionally you may even see a lifestyle item too! The company offer a choice of subscriptions. A rolling monthly subscription of £10 a month plus £2.95 P&P, 6 month subscription for £60 plus P&P plus free shipping on your first box or a 12 month subscription for £100 plus £2.95 P&P which means you get 2 boxes free. Also receive a free Benefit They’re Real! eye trio when you join Birchbox today! simply use code REAL at the checkout. OR Receive £5 off your first box using this link.
– Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in Vanilla Frosting- I so wanted to like this product. Having chose the Vanilla/ light shade I thought it would go with my complexion. The shade is quite unique but that is a good result, I just didn’t feel the eyeshadow was as highly pigmented as I would have liked and it hung in the increases very easily even with primer.
– Doucce Punk Volumizer Mascara- So upon opening this mascara I found the wand to be very big for my eye, literally the length if longer than my eye meaning I had to take great care upon application to prevent me stabbing myself. However, I was shocked. Do not apply too much pressure and you get a fantastic not clogged coverage. I really like this mascara. It does smudge easily so I will not be wearing on a teary day but as an all rounder I am very impressed. For now I am using it as my go to mascara.
– Whish Firming Body Cream- The scent of this cream is not that pleasant. I would say it seems strongly of Green Tea but I guess that’s personal preference. The product itself is a great texture and really nourishing. It also didn’t leave a greasy feeling on my hands like so many of them do. I think the full size bottle at £27 is a little overpriced but the quality is very good.
– Skin79 Clean On 2 Step Nose Pack- I was quite excited to try this out to be honest. I have strong pores on my nose so I thought what a better way for a good clean! Well, you know those YouTube videos where it hurts to rip off the face masks…. that was me. It quite literally feels like you are waxing your nose (maybe worse). I did like the cooling gel patch for step 2 as anything that was soothing could have cured the burning life feeling. Having said that my nose did feel super soft after and it did clean my pores a little. Would I buy again- probably, I just wasn’t expecting the pain the first time but now I know what to expect I maybe would purchase.
– Kueshi Hair Mask Shine & Volume- This hair mask was super nourishing the first time I used it. On the second application a few days late I found it left my hair really greasy. This may just be my hair type and I will persevere again in a week or two. It smells really yummy though which is always a bonus.
I must admit when I first received the box I spent all day sulking. There was such a good choice of what you could have received this month and I just felt I got the leftovers- what everyone else didn’t get/want. The products inside are ok don’t get me wrong but the box as a whole I felt, personally, was disappointing and could have been a lot better. Where was the Laura Mercier or the Beauty Protector? I also received the wrong product info and product that was actually on the sheet I received I would have loved but never mind. Hopefully, next month will see me singing their praises like usual. Maybe it was just me expecting great unrealistic things.
I just didn’t really feel that the theme ‘All In The Detail” was suitable for this box at all.