Birchbox | June 2017
June is here (like how the hell did that happen) and Birchbox have tailored this month to being beach ready. The products this month come in a cute Birchbag that you are able to choose from a purple and yellow or purple and green.
So, if you didn’t already know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription service. Each month, when you subscribe, you will receive 5 wonderful beauty items from well-known and upcoming brands. Occasionally you may even see a lifestyle item too! The company offer a choice of subscriptions. A rolling monthly subscription of £10 a month plus £2.95 P&P, 6 month subscription for £60 plus P&P plus free shipping on your first box or a 12 month subscription for £100 plus £2.95 P&P which means you get 2 boxes free. If you would like to subscribe today simply click here.
– Cowshed Cow Pat Hand Cream- I can’t think where I have seen this before but I am pretty sure I have. This is quite a herbally smelling cream and left my hands really quite soft. I have had a variety of cowshed items and have been pleasantly surprised each time. They all do appear to smell very similar though.
– Scrub Love Coffee Body Scrub- Mays Glossybox saw my first introduction to Scrub Love of which I loved (except the smell). So I was a little excited when I saw this product yet a little apprehensive too. This one was Coconut Mango and promised a deeply moisturising, skin conditioning for normal to dry skin. Unfortunately I do not have dry skin- quite the opposite actually and I let me partner try this one out. He explained that it is as nourishing as put on moisturising but just with extra mess. He tried to be positive (bless him) but said it didn’t wow him.
– Korres Milk Proteins 3-in-1 Cleansing Emulsion- As soon as I opened this product it squirted everywhere annoyingly. Luckily, the product itself isn’t too thick and it doesn’t smell too strongly it’s kind of a light perfume smell. This emulsion cleanses, tones and removes makeup. Simply apply and take off with a cotton pad.
– Arrow Enhance Waterproof Eyeliner- This product is actually very waterproof, like I was quite shocked at how much. This is not something that I would normally wear at all though.
– MeechNMia Brow Liner- This brow liner arrived in its lightest shade – #21 and it was just too dark so unfortunately I don’t feel I can review this product.
I had such high hopes for Birchbox just like last months. It could have been so good. It seemed like no one received the combos that they showed on their website. Unfortunately I have had too many boxes like this and therefore I will be cancelling my subscription. I just feel like Birchbox have so much potential but the box you potentially may get never arrives and no one else gets the combos either. I don’t feel my bio is taken into consideration as I always receive product that is too dark or totally for the wrong type of skin even though they ask you all this information specifically so you they can send you items tailored to your needs.
No more- Sorry Birchbox but it’s a No from me.